Opportunity: Social Media Intern
Extant is the UK’s leading professional performing arts company of visually impaired artists and theatre practitioners, producing touring productions and delivering training regionally and internationally.
The company aims to redress invisibility of blind and partially sighted artists and explore new creative territories. It is a dynamic, political space to articulate and celebrate what visual impairment brings to the performing arts.
Extant is currently seeking a Social Media intern. This internship is open for candidates who are blind or partially sighted. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and an ability to work independently, with an interest in social media, marketing, arts and charity.
Duration of internship: 5 weeks
Hours of work per week: 5 hours
Rate of pay: £11/hour
- Research and develop social media strategies for Extant to increase followers and engagement
- Create social media posts for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as well as publishing dashboards e.g. Buffer
- Research social media tools and strategies to aid Extant in building its social media profile
- Resourceful, reliable, and efficient, with ability to work independently and in a team
- Demonstrate interest and knowledge in social media and/or marketing and communications with an eagerness to learn new skills in a professional environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills including good e-mail etiquette and ability to draft social media copy
- Enthusiastic with a genuine interest in working in the arts and charity sector
If you wish to apply for this role, please send the following to Rhianne Rowson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm Friday 18 September:
- a current CV (no more than two sides of A4)
- cover letter (no more than two sides of A4)